Cracked Pot

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the end of a pole that was carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect for which it was made.

The cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfection of not being able to deliver a full pot of water. After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day at the stream. "I am ashamed of myself and I want to apologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half the water because of the crack in my side. Because of my flaws you do not get full value from me," said the pot.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known of your flaw and I planted flower seeds on your side of the path and while we walk you water them. For two years I have been able to pick and enjoy these beautiful flowers.

Without you being just the way you are, there would not be the beauty to grace my house and my life."

Moral : Each of us has flaws. We're all cracked pots. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that makes our lives together so interesting and rewarding. Take each person for what they are, and look for the good in them. There is better in most of us than bad. Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life. Bless all those cracked pots for what they are.